Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question with 'at' operator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guys,

When using Darcy flow module, I want to use a pressure dependent permeability.

Let's say k = k_0*(p/p(at time zero)), and I used 'at' operator to get the pressure at time zero as 'at(1,p)'.

However, it comes to an error saying "The at() operator cannot be used in this context. Failed to evaluate expression.Expression: at(1,mod1.p)"

Could you please give me some clue what's the right way to use the solution at a specific time point?

Regards

1 Reply Last Post 7 juil. 2014, 04:36 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 juil. 2014, 04:36 UTC−4
here is "at" operator's meaning below:

at
• The at operator can access a solution to a time-dependent problem at any time. COMSOL provides the solution at that time using interpolation.

• The first input argument is the time. The second input argument is the expression that you want to evaluate using this solution. For example, at(12.5,u) is the solution at 12.5 s.

• The at operator can only be used during results evaluation, so it should not be used when setting up the model.
here is "at" operator's meaning below: at • The at operator can access a solution to a time-dependent problem at any time. COMSOL provides the solution at that time using interpolation. • The first input argument is the time. The second input argument is the expression that you want to evaluate using this solution. For example, at(12.5,u) is the solution at 12.5 s. • The at operator can only be used during results evaluation, so it should not be used when setting up the model.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.