Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation of Point Heat Source in different Medium.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I want to make a simulating point heat source which will emit heat in different Rectangular Mediums in (Vaccum, air,Fluid and solid), and finally to compare the results.
Need Assistance.

Alishah

3 Replies Last Post 20 juin 2016, 10:51 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 4 juil. 2014, 08:04 UTC−4
So, what is the problem?
So, what is the problem?

Posted: 8 years ago 17 juin 2016, 07:45 UTC−4
Hello,

I´m a researcher of the Microelectronics Institute of Seville (IMSE), and I would like to make a similar simulation to that of Ali Shah you replied (it´s further down). ¿Could you help me a little bit with the modeling process, please?
I would like to make a simulation of a nano-bar of aluminium on a substrate (modeling a nanoantenna), receiving heat radiation. In principle, this could be a heat point source (located 1m away from the antenna on a normal line coming up from the middle point of the antenna), but we could be also interested in an external source coming from the sun, as modeled in the Heat Transfer module. I have here attached the model I built.

Thank you anyway,

kind regards,
Alfredo
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ali Shah
July 2, 2014 9:51pm CEST
Simulation of Point Heat Source in different Medium.
Hello,

I want to make a simulating point heat source which will emit heat in different Rectangular Mediums in (Vaccum, air,Fluid and solid), and finally to compare the results.
Need Assistance.

Alishah
Hello, I´m a researcher of the Microelectronics Institute of Seville (IMSE), and I would like to make a similar simulation to that of Ali Shah you replied (it´s further down). ¿Could you help me a little bit with the modeling process, please? I would like to make a simulation of a nano-bar of aluminium on a substrate (modeling a nanoantenna), receiving heat radiation. In principle, this could be a heat point source (located 1m away from the antenna on a normal line coming up from the middle point of the antenna), but we could be also interested in an external source coming from the sun, as modeled in the Heat Transfer module. I have here attached the model I built. Thank you anyway, kind regards, Alfredo ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ali Shah July 2, 2014 9:51pm CEST Simulation of Point Heat Source in different Medium. Hello, I want to make a simulating point heat source which will emit heat in different Rectangular Mediums in (Vaccum, air,Fluid and solid), and finally to compare the results. Need Assistance. Alishah

Posted: 8 years ago 20 juin 2016, 10:51 UTC−4
Since one of the dimensions of your geometry is in the same order of magnitude as the wavelength of your irradiation (visible/IR light I assume?) I think you need to do a full optical simulation of your device to get realistic heating. However since your device is small compared to the distance to the light source the light can be modelled by a planar wave I think.
Since one of the dimensions of your geometry is in the same order of magnitude as the wavelength of your irradiation (visible/IR light I assume?) I think you need to do a full optical simulation of your device to get realistic heating. However since your device is small compared to the distance to the light source the light can be modelled by a planar wave I think.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.