Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Applying equation-varying load to surface

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm making a 3D model of an ellipsoid (though it could be any arbitrary 3D shape, I think) in the structural mechanics module using a stationary study. I'm trying to apply a boundary load on one side of the ellipsoid that varies with space. I would like to ultimately control all the variables of the equation governing how the load varies with space, but have so far tried using just a simple globally-defined Gaussian (so there is more force applied to the center of the ellipsoid and it forms a sort of mushroom top shape).

The problem is I can't get the boundary load to change its governing equation (i.e. so it is no longer F = constant) or take any force input or force/area input that is anything other than a constant (i.e. it won't take variables, equations, etc.). Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 18 juin 2014, 08:29 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello ronit

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.