Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help: Reciprocating motion

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to simulate reciprocating motion for a pin on disc type test for metal to metal heat exchanges. I am new to comsol and i have no idea how to simulate alternating motion without the use of conditional logic statements. My first idea was to create a velocity Vf, and alternate it with a function Vf(-1^n). where n is based off the derivitive of a sine function = 0 based upon the radius of reciprocating over time. where d(sin(x)) = 0 = max distance from reciprocating center. However i cannot find a way to "call" in real time simulation when the derivitive of the plot of radius V Time is equal to 0, and add a summation count for n.

Is there an easier way to simulate reciprocating motion in comsol?

1 Reply Last Post 11 juin 2014, 15:26 UTC−4
David Kan COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 juin 2014, 15:26 UTC−4
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your note. This message is more suitable for the COMSOL Support portal. See: www.comsol.com/support/. Someone will get to you soon after you post your question there.

David
Hi Jon, Thanks for your note. This message is more suitable for the COMSOL Support portal. See: www.comsol.com/support/. Someone will get to you soon after you post your question there. David

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.