Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solver Configuration for Nonlinear Highly Coupled Fluid Flow Chemical Reaction Model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good Evening,

I've been working with Comsol for the last four months trying to model a system using the Free and Porous Media Flow module coupled with the Concentrated Species module (along with the Heat Transfer and poisson equations for electrical potential however those are currently not of concern and assumed to be disabled or constants ie. T=const).

The two primary modules above converge nicely without the addition of chemical reactions however once chemical reactions are added into the flowfield and porous media it is unable to converge. I have tried making the mesh finer,inner parametric steps, segregated solver and many configurations for iterative solvers however I am unable to attain convergence. If someone could take a look that would be great.

Thanks,
Melissa

0 Replies Last Post 26 mars 2014, 00:44 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Melissa Tweedie

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.