Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time dependant simulation: variable input

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I am trying to simulate and validate an air solar collector model. I would introduce time-dependant (hourly time step) input for air temperature and solar radiation using an interpolation function but running the simulation some errors occur (see attached file).

I set the unit in the interpolation function branch: argument=s; function=K (e.g.) and use the name function wherever I need recall it as: name(t).

Could someone help me?

thanks in advance, Giuliana.

1 Reply Last Post 7 mars 2014, 04:34 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 mars 2014, 04:34 UTC−5
Hello,

if you are getting this error while running stationary solver, it probably doesn't understand the time variable t, so it helps, if you define t as a parameter and set it to zero; time-dependent solver will ignore that fact.
I am not completely sure, but you coud try that.

Ivars
Hello, if you are getting this error while running stationary solver, it probably doesn't understand the time variable t, so it helps, if you define t as a parameter and set it to zero; time-dependent solver will ignore that fact. I am not completely sure, but you coud try that. Ivars

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.