Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reverberation time prediction

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm pretty new in COMSOL, and working with Comsol Multiphysics version 4.3a. I'm modelling a rectangular room, and my ultimate goal is

- to predict the average absorption coefficient of the room.

For this, I'm intending to use the Sabine's formula, but to do that reverberation time must be known.

So far I know COMSOL cannot predict the reverberation time, but sound pressure level (SPL) in frequency domain. Is there any way to calculate the reverberation time using those SPL's in different frequencies.

I'm a student, and this problem is a part of one of my project works. I really need some helps. Please give me some suggestions to solve this. Any kind of help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Mehadi

0 Replies Last Post 17 févr. 2014, 05:26 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Md Mehadi Hasan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.