Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar flow inside imported mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I have been trying very hard over the last few days, but to no avail. I have a 3D CT scan data of a porous material, inside which I want to simulate air flow. I have the CT scan data in .tif format. I used many softwares to generate a mesh suitable for COMSOL. Currently, I am using Mimics (and 3-matic) to segment the solid and pores, create a volumetric mesh of the pores (in .mphtxt format), and then import that mesh into COMSOL. But when I start the simulations in COMSOL, the Multigrid Error comes always.

Is there any way to solve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sreeyuth.

1 Reply Last Post 6 févr. 2014, 10:56 UTC−5
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 févr. 2014, 10:56 UTC−5
Hi Seeruth,

I think there is a very high chance that we can help you, can you send us the model?
If you dont want to publish it on the forum, send it just to this E-Mail address: support@comsol.com

Kind regards,
Sven Friedel
Hi Seeruth, I think there is a very high chance that we can help you, can you send us the model? If you dont want to publish it on the forum, send it just to this E-Mail address: support@comsol.com Kind regards, Sven Friedel

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.