Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

relative permeability as a function of temperature and magnetic field in induction heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am doing induction heating simulation and i want to define relative permeability as function of temperature T and magnetic field H as mur(H,T). I have an expression which correlates the relative permeability as a function of temperature and magnetic field.
In my material, i first add magnetic field as model input which appears as variable {H1,H2,H3}. Temperature is already exist as variable T. Then i introduce Analytic function and define my expression and in Arguments as H,T and define upper and lower limits in parameters and give function name as mur. Then i go to the output properties and in the expression of relative permeability i write down mur(H,T). It appears as unknown variable H. And if i i compute the error appears as Fail to evaluate variable Jacobian. Variable H, Geometry 1, domain 2.

Kindly anyone please help me to introduce relative permeability as a function of magnetic field and temperature.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Adeel Ikram

0 Replies Last Post 31 janv. 2014, 09:08 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adeel Ikram

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.