Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extracting State Space Matrices from

Mohammed Shemsu Nesro

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,
I was using batteries and fuel cells module for my thesis project. I want to extract the state matrices.
For that I entered the following command to matlab CLI and i am getting the error below .I couldn't figure out the problem. I appriciate your help please. I am using comsol 4.3b with matlab livelink.

model = mphload('solid_state_li_battery.mph');
>> pdom1 = model.probe.create('pdom1', 'DomainPoint');
>> pdom1.model('mod1');
>> pdom1.setIndex('coords2','1.5e-6',0,0);
>> str = mphstate(model,'sol1','out',{'MA','MB','C','D'},'output','mod1.ppb1');
Error using mphstate (line 155)
Java exception occurred:
Exception:
com.comsol.nativejni.FlNativeException: Failed to evaluate expression
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
(rethrown as com.comsol.util.exceptions.FlException)
The following feature has encountered a problem

The following feature has encountered a problem

Failed to evaluate variable
- Variable: timestep
- Geometry: 1
- Domain: 1

Failed to evaluate expression
- Expression:

1 Reply Last Post 11 juil. 2014, 10:32 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mohammed Shemsu Nesro

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 juil. 2014, 10:32 UTC−4
hey, have you ever solved your problem? I'm trying to get the state space from my li-ion cell model as well. I got several problems.
hey, have you ever solved your problem? I'm trying to get the state space from my li-ion cell model as well. I got several problems.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.