Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

reg bicycle dynamo

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi,i am doing m tech and i am doing project on renewable energy source in which i am using Bicycle Dynamo(bottle type) so the thing is that can i simulate the characteristics of bicycle dynamo in COMSOL as the output of the dynamo is ac
if so which part of COMSOL i have to download and one more thing i have to get the transfer function of the dynamos can it possible to get through this software

5 Replies Last Post 22 déc. 2013, 07:00 UTC−5

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2013, 05:25 UTC−5

guys plzzz its very important to me give reply plzz
hi,i am doing m tech and i am doing project on renewable energy source in which i am using Bicycle Dynamo(bottle type) so the thing is that can i simulate the characteristics of bicycle dynamo in COMSOL as the output of the dynamo is ac
if so which part of COMSOL i have to download and one more thing i have to get the transfer function of the dynamos can it possible to get through this software

[QUOTE] guys plzzz its very important to me give reply plzz hi,i am doing m tech and i am doing project on renewable energy source in which i am using Bicycle Dynamo(bottle type) so the thing is that can i simulate the characteristics of bicycle dynamo in COMSOL as the output of the dynamo is ac if so which part of COMSOL i have to download and one more thing i have to get the transfer function of the dynamos can it possible to get through this software [/QUOTE]

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2013, 06:14 UTC−5
Hi,

you probably need the AC/DC module. There are examples in the model library, in the 'Motors and Actuators' branch that may be helpful for you. You may have to run an update on the model library.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, you probably need the AC/DC module. There are examples in the model library, in the 'Motors and Actuators' branch that may be helpful for you. You may have to run an update on the model library. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2013, 06:22 UTC−5
thank you very much sir
sir can you please tell me weather i can get characteristics of bicycle dynamo and can i generate transfer function for it
thank you very much sir sir can you please tell me weather i can get characteristics of bicycle dynamo and can i generate transfer function for it

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2013, 06:55 UTC−5

COMSOL is a powerful tool and you will certainly be able to get characteristics of your model. Of course this is not pre-cooked in the software. You have to set up the model and define suitable functions, boundary conditions, meshing, solvers and post processing to obtain the characteristics. It will take you some time and effort.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
COMSOL is a powerful tool and you will certainly be able to get characteristics of your model. Of course this is not pre-cooked in the software. You have to set up the model and define suitable functions, boundary conditions, meshing, solvers and post processing to obtain the characteristics. It will take you some time and effort. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 déc. 2013, 07:00 UTC−5
thank you very much sir
thank you very much sir

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.