Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solution for Time-dependent Solver - not working properly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I seem to be having a difficult time solving a time dependent solution for any of my darcy flow porous media models. The problem I am encountering is that all the time solutions that are stored are all the same, for example the solutions that are ranging from (0,60,3200) provide the same values. I also tried solving the model under the stationary conditions, and the values are still the same. So, it appears that my time-dependent solutions (all of them) are giving me the stationary answer. I've tried deleting the solvers, deleting and clearing the solutions, removing and replacing the study, with no success.

In the past, using previous versions of comsol - (e.g. 4.2 and 4.1) I do not remember having this issue.

I have reviewed my model several times, but cannot figure it out. Perhaps, I am doing something wrong. Can someone have a quick look at the attached simple darcy flow model, with a pumping well (mass source). Any advice would help greatly.

thanks in advance.

AJD

1 Reply Last Post 23 nov. 2014, 14:49 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aaron DesRoches

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 10 years ago 23 nov. 2014, 14:49 UTC−5
Hello Mr./Mrs. ,

It has been a time since you posted it; however, i would like to know if you got the problem.
I have been working on a project in my University and We have struggling to get the correct answer, it seems impossible.

Please I would be thankful if you reply me.
Sincerely, Fernando Tezza.
Hello Mr./Mrs. , It has been a time since you posted it; however, i would like to know if you got the problem. I have been working on a project in my University and We have struggling to get the correct answer, it seems impossible. Please I would be thankful if you reply me. Sincerely, Fernando Tezza.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.