Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Input for inlet of Charged Particle Tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Comsol gurus,

I'd like to know if there is a technique to read out a file with exact initial positions and velocities for the charged particle tracing. I don't mind using Matlab via the Livelink, too. It seems that there is more freedom to do solve things. What I need is multiple particles starting at the same position for different velocities, and this for a certain surface.
I have already tried out various combinations of functions for the positions and velocities. Yet, this approach doesn't include what I need.
It is a classic setup with electrons moving within an eletric field. The electrons will be focused in a positions after propagating. At the end I'd like to read out their positions after a certain time and evaluate the temporal broadening and the spatial focus.

I really hope there is some way to do it.

Gero

0 Replies Last Post 25 nov. 2013, 09:05 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gero Storeck

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.