Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Drawing rectangular single turn coil with square cross section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear sir,
I use Comsol 4.3b in which i work in the module of Heat transfer/electromagnetic heating/Induction heating. I require to use induction heating method to heat a rectangular plate specimen of size150x80x5 mm (x,y,z) which itself carries a minute hole of 4mm diameter at the center. I want to study the temperature profile and thermal spectrum after applying the induction current for about 1 second (350A, 250kHz) with an air gap between the specimen and coil is 10mm.
The coil is of rectangular single turn (not a helix or circular coil).The outer diagonal is 100mm and inner diagonal is 87.3mm. The length is equal to the length of the specimen. I have attached the cross section and front view of coil (JPEG format).

1. Please explain me the procedure to produce a 3D image of the coil in Comsol.
2.Also kindly explain me the procedure to give magnetic vector potential and current density in the selected physics.
3. How to create air material in between coil and plate?.
Regards
Nataraj K

0 Replies Last Post 13 oct. 2013, 12:09 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nataraj Kamatchi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.