Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Define a circular or elliptical polarized light for standing wave in a Ring by RF

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to demonstrate the phenomenon of standing wave in a dielectric ring.
It is quite simple that if the circumference of the ring equals an integral number of light wavelengths, there will be a standing wave in the ring.
So I built a cylinder as the dielectric ring, PML layer and Air layer. (You can find the attachment1)
Then I define a circular polarized light in “Electric Field” boundary condition of Ex=exp(j*emw.k0*z), Ey=exp(j*(emw.k0*z+pi/2)), which is inserted into the cylinder.
But the result is too strange, because a half integral number of wavelength appears. (You can find the attachment2).
Please note that the two spots stand for one wavelength.

0 Replies Last Post 18 sept. 2013, 09:33 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yin Yin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.