Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic field density more than saturation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I'm modeling a power inductor in comsol 4.3. I'm shocked when I saw a magnetic field density of 40Tesla in a soft Iron (with loss). I was wondering if anyone knoes the reason.

2 Replies Last Post 19 sept. 2013, 16:53 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 sept. 2013, 06:49 UTC−4
Have you switched to calculate with hb-curve under the constraint amper's law?
Have you switched to calculate with hb-curve under the constraint amper's law?

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 sept. 2013, 16:53 UTC−4
I did by using HB curve solve. Thanks so much.
Details for possible future person with problems:
- I added a new ampere law and added the soft iron parts to this solver. I used HB curve for solving.
- I used the buitin Soft Iron h-b curve but with linear interpolation and extrapolation
I found this link useful:

www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/26751/

Good luck!
I did by using HB curve solve. Thanks so much. Details for possible future person with problems: - I added a new ampere law and added the soft iron parts to this solver. I used HB curve for solving. - I used the buitin Soft Iron h-b curve but with linear interpolation and extrapolation I found this link useful: http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/26751/ Good luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.