Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with selecting the domain, boundary or edge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I don't know if you guys have encountered such problem: when I try to select the domain, boundary or edge from the graphic window, I cannot select anything. It seems that the selection by cursor is deactivated. Sometimes, I reload the case and the problem is solved. However, I still fail sometimes. It is really frustrating.

Does anyone have some suggestion how to solve this problem? Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 21 août 2013, 21:06 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 août 2013, 04:17 UTC−4
Hi,

I remember this kind of problem in the version 4.3 or 4.3a (not sure about 4.3a), but no longer in 4.3b. In the earlier version a workaround was to set software rendering in the preferences.

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
Hi, I remember this kind of problem in the version 4.3 or 4.3a (not sure about 4.3a), but no longer in 4.3b. In the earlier version a workaround was to set software rendering in the preferences. Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser emPhys Physical Technology

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 août 2013, 21:06 UTC−4
Hi,

Thanks for your comment.
Actually I am using version of 4.3b. Still I have such problem.

Hi, Thanks for your comment. Actually I am using version of 4.3b. Still I have such problem.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.