Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coefficient Form PDE Coupling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am using the Coefficient Form PDE module to simulate a material under an applied voltage. I set two Dirichlet boundary conditions for my voltage on either side of the material (imagine a single rectangle with two voltages applied on either side). Now I just simply want to add the electrical circuit module and connect my "rectangle" into a simple circuit made up of a votlage source, resistor and the rectangle. When you use the electric current module you can very easily do this by setting the the boundary conditions as a terminal, but the coefficient form PDE module simply gives you the Dirichlet BC and there is no obvious way on how to make it into a terminal and be able to connect it to the circuit. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 18 août 2013, 18:04 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Eduardo Barrera

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.