Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Integrate one Study in another

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to solve a study with a fluid flow problem and an electrochemistry problem. Both studies can be solved by themselves but if I want to solve them together or use the Velocity field of the fluid flow problem in the Electrochemistry problem it doesn't work.
The electrochemistry simulation works if I use a velocity field of (0,v) for the Electrolyte flow in the two "Tertiary Current Distribution, Nernst-Planck" options and the Brinkmann equation works if I do it seperatly.
Now I want to set as Velocity field in the two "Tertiary Current Distribution, Nernst-Planck" the solution from the brinkmann equation (br/fmp1). I solved this in a seperate studie "Study 2". but as a result of "Study 1" the error:

"Failed to find a solution.
Maximum number of Newton iterations reached.
Returned solution is not converged."

shows up.

Perhaps I make a mistake with the integration of the results of Study2 in study 1?
Can someone help me with this problem?

Thank you!
Michael

2 Replies Last Post 5 avr. 2017, 02:50 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 juil. 2013, 14:59 UTC−4
Hi Michael:

You can get rid of the error by increasing the number of iterations in the solver settings. If you are taking more than the 25 steps which is the default setting, then you are probably using initial values which are very different from the final answer. The better the initial guess, the faster you reach convergence, so I would suggest using better ICs.

Sri.
Hi Michael: You can get rid of the error by increasing the number of iterations in the solver settings. If you are taking more than the 25 steps which is the default setting, then you are probably using initial values which are very different from the final answer. The better the initial guess, the faster you reach convergence, so I would suggest using better ICs. Sri.

Posted: 7 years ago 5 avr. 2017, 02:50 UTC−4
Hii,

I am trying to model a jet electrochemical machining problem. The issue is that the Deformed geometry(dg) which I get with only primary current distribution interface is not varying after I add laminar flow(spf) interface to it.

So, in simple way, I am not able to couple laminar flow with electrochemistry (though it is converging, but no changes in deformed geometry).

Hopeful for a feedback and guidance in the same.

Regards.
Hii, I am trying to model a jet electrochemical machining problem. The issue is that the Deformed geometry(dg) which I get with only primary current distribution interface is not varying after I add laminar flow(spf) interface to it. So, in simple way, I am not able to couple laminar flow with electrochemistry (though it is converging, but no changes in deformed geometry). Hopeful for a feedback and guidance in the same. Regards.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.