Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time integration in comsol 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if there is a time integration function in comsol 3.5a. I am calculating fluid flow rate through a boundary and which is a function of time and I would like to integrate the flow rate with respect to time to get cumulative production. I am aware comsol 4 has the timeint function which I believe is what I am after but in comsol 3.5a instead. Does anybody have any idea?

Cheers,

Andres Bracho.

2 Replies Last Post 1 avr. 2013, 00:32 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mars 2013, 03:13 UTC−4
Hi Andres,
I am just wondering if you found how to do the integration. I m working on something similar.

Thank you
Sanket
Hi Andres, I am just wondering if you found how to do the integration. I m working on something similar. Thank you Sanket

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 avr. 2013, 00:32 UTC−4
Hi Sanket,

Unfortunately I have not found out how to do time integration in 3.5a. At the moment I am trying to rebuild my model in the 4.2 version as I do not have much hopes of there being a similar function in the earlier versions.

Cheers,

Andres.
Hi Sanket, Unfortunately I have not found out how to do time integration in 3.5a. At the moment I am trying to rebuild my model in the 4.2 version as I do not have much hopes of there being a similar function in the earlier versions. Cheers, Andres.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.