Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulation about fiber tip with grating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all,

I am stuck at how to simulate such a structure (see attached), which includes grating is built in end face of the single mode fiber. Main purpose is to get the transmission.

Without grating, I can use boundary mode analysis+frequency domain to get it, among which the light is defined by port boundary condition, but due to the existence of the grating, the scattering will be occured, so the definition of Port will useless.

Is it feasible to simulate it using scattering field method? And are there any tutorial about this?
Anybody can give me some help about this model? Thanks!

Regards,
Marvin

1 Reply Last Post 28 févr. 2013, 11:36 UTC−5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 févr. 2013, 11:36 UTC−5
Hi

scan the model gallery on the main site, and update your model library and check therein, I'm sure there are some (at least in the later version 4, and in old 3.5a)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi scan the model gallery on the main site, and update your model library and check therein, I'm sure there are some (at least in the later version 4, and in old 3.5a) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.