Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

importing a 3D gegmented image as a geometry

Saeid Norouzi Apourvari

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am trying to import a 3D segmented image into the COMSOL as a geometry. Is it possible?
Actually, after testing a bunch of softwares and doing some tricky things I finally succeeded to generate a mesh for this structure and exported to COMSOL. A couple of modifications were done and finally I simulated fluid flow in this structure.
I beleive that if I can somehow export my structure to COMSOL as ageometry and let COMSOL to do the rest (meshing ,...) the life would be much more easier since I do not need to be worry about many isuuses which arises when you import a mesh generated outsude of COMSOL. I am still not sure if it is possible in COMSOL. Would you please help?

My structure is in .mat format(200*200*200 matrix of integer values 1 and 2 labeling pore and solid, respectively).

Any responce is highly appreciated.

Regards,

2 Replies Last Post 14 févr. 2014, 22:56 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Saeid Norouzi Apourvari

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 févr. 2014, 10:11 UTC−5
Hello,

I am trying to import a vessel geometry that was created from MRI data to do flow simulations in COMSOL. I tried to import the geometry in the STL format but I haven't gotten it to work (problems occur when creating the mesh) and I know that you had similar problems before.

Have you found a way to import geometry from MR or CT segmented data in COMSOL? I know that I can do it from Simpleware but I would like to find a free solution :-).

Thank you.

Best regards
Petter H
Hello, I am trying to import a vessel geometry that was created from MRI data to do flow simulations in COMSOL. I tried to import the geometry in the STL format but I haven't gotten it to work (problems occur when creating the mesh) and I know that you had similar problems before. Have you found a way to import geometry from MR or CT segmented data in COMSOL? I know that I can do it from Simpleware but I would like to find a free solution :-). Thank you. Best regards Petter H

Saeid Norouzi Apourvari

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 févr. 2014, 22:56 UTC−5
Hi Peter,

Finally I used Simpleware for meshing and since I was in rush I had to leave it there.

Good luck,
Saeid
Hi Peter, Finally I used Simpleware for meshing and since I was in rush I had to leave it there. Good luck, Saeid

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.