Simulation of Solute Concentration Change During CO2 Expulsion of brine in Porous Medium

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am working on a simulation case that involves the change of solute concentration during the expulsion of brine (NaCl solution) by CO2 in a porous medium. For this purpose, I have chosen to use Darcy's law and the dilute matter transfer interface.

I aim to obtain the following results:

Change in water content in CO2. Change in the concentration of NaCl in the brackish water. Currently, I am facing an issue: in my simulation, both water and salt are considered to diffuse into CO2, but what I actually need is for CO2 to diffuse into water and salt to diffuse within the solution.

Is it possible to achieve these results using these two physical interfaces? If so, could you please provide some guidance or tips on how to set up the model correctly to reflect CO2 diffusion into water and salt diffusion within the solution?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.