Thermal Runaway Propagation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am modelling a thermal runaway propagation and I am really getting frustrated by a problem that has been following me for weeks. I startedbuilding the modelling similar to the one in the model library (with the battery pack physics module) but when I kept facing that problem I removed it and only focused on heat transfer. But I keep facing the same problem and I really have no idea why.

The problem I have is that there are some cold areas within my geometry when I start the simulation. There is always a sudden drop of temperature close to the battery that starts going into thermal runaway.

I have already build an extremely fine mesh around the batteries and extruded through the geometry.

I know that there is a mistake with the heat sources that are depending on the trigger tempereature (though I don't know what the mistake is). But the problem already appears as as soon as the first battery goes into thermal runaway. I just dont know what to do to solve it and I don't have much time left to finish my thesis and need results. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: contacted support to solve this case.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.