Microfluidic Chamber Injection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model the injection of a small amount of buffer containing a known concentration of a dilute species into a larger known volume of the same buffer in a chamber with none of the chemical species. Ive tried modeling it as a source of high concentraiton in a larger area of 0 concentration, but the diffusion coefficient is so low that it does not accurate represent my real world model, as there should be velocity and turbulence caused by the injection, which would propel the dispersion. I also need the itme dependent simulation to allow for the injection between time = 0 and time = T1; For all time after T1, there should be no inflow into the system, as the injection stops. There is also no outlet to the system, the chamber modeled should not be full of water to begin with so there is space for injection.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.