Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 3.5 and Matlab - boundary ID

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey,

I have big problem with Comsol Script.
At work we just have the very old Version 3.5 - the new one we will maybe get during this year but I cannot wait until this future-date!

I have a geometrie that i vary by script - unfortunately the boundary labels are changed within the variation. Now I need to find the boundary labels to set them as variables in the bnd.ind part of the application-mode.

I found the comands geominfo and geomcsg, but i don't understand how to use them to get the boundary number as result. Maybe someone here has used the comands for this and can help me.

1 Reply Last Post 29 juin 2013, 17:43 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Almuth Hoffmann

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 29 juin 2013, 17:43 UTC−4
Hello Almuth,

I think something similar can be found in the appendix of this PhD thesis:
thesis.library.caltech.edu/7098/

Did you already figure something out? By the way, because you emphasize the old version you are using, did you find some solution for a newer version?

Wolfgang
Hello Almuth, I think something similar can be found in the appendix of this PhD thesis: http://thesis.library.caltech.edu/7098/ Did you already figure something out? By the way, because you emphasize the old version you are using, did you find some solution for a newer version? Wolfgang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.