Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

JavaAPI - Display Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,
I try to display only the geometry for a loaded problem within a java api.

Displaying the results for any problem works fine after implementing the steps from COMSOLJavaAPIReferenceGuide.pdf section Graphical User Interfacse, but showing only the geometry drives me crazy.

I've also tried to plot a geometry within a result-plot without defining a mesh or study.
Thefore I've created a solution selecting a Model=Model1 and Frame=Geometry(x,y,z), but no Plot is generated. Not even in Comsol, so I think displaying the geometry in the JavaAPI is not possible.

I'm not sure if this missing part should be considered as a bug or a missing feature.

Can anyone help?

2 Replies Last Post 15 mars 2017, 07:41 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matthias Juettner

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 7 years ago 7 mars 2017, 09:44 UTC−5
Create a line graph with Expression "1" and Color black.
Create a line graph with Expression "1" and Color black.

Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 15 mars 2017, 07:41 UTC−4
Hi Matthias

You're right. There is no built in support for showing the geometry in the COMSOL API.

The trick is to create a mesh of the boundaries of you model and create a mesh plot using a uniform colour. You can show a mesh plot without having solved your model!

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Matthias You're right. There is no built in support for showing the geometry in the COMSOL API. The trick is to create a mesh of the boundaries of you model and create a mesh plot using a uniform colour. You can show a mesh plot without having solved your model! -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.