Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Concetration should decrease when heating up a gas?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I´m modelling a gas that initially is entering to my geometry, with a given velocity, at a fixed concetration of H2 and at 25°C. In this geometry there is a barrier that is at 1100°C that is in conctact with the flowing gas. This will cause that the gas heats up, and thus that its density changes (the flow is compressilbe Ma<0.3).

However, if the density changes when the gas is being heated up, I would expect that the concetration of H2 also does. This is not ocurring, any ideas of why this is ocurring?

I'm modelling the concetration of H2 with transport of diluted species module.

Thanks,

Juan Felipe

0 Replies Last Post 19 oct. 2012, 08:47 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Juan Felipe Tamayo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.