Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

DC discharge dc.de_4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am starting to use the plasma module and I am currently having a look at the DC discharge example (www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/8640/).

During the model set up the value of the energy of the electron generated by secondary emission due to ion bombardment of the cathode is set to

dc.de_4-2*Wf

The 2*Wf term is clear, what is dc.de_4? I managed to understand that it is an energy loss and that there are also variables called dc.de_1 to dc.de_5 but how (and where) are these calculated? Physically dc.de_4 should be the energy gained by the ions falling through the cathode sheath by why are there 5 dc.de varaibles?
Does a nomenclature of all the comsol variables exists?

Thanks a lot

Michele

2 Replies Last Post 28 mai 2013, 10:00 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michele Coletti

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 mars 2013, 21:44 UTC−4
hello,

did you get some answers to your dc.de_4 question?

i have the same question.

lukas
hello, did you get some answers to your dc.de_4 question? i have the same question. lukas

Posted: 1 decade ago 28 mai 2013, 10:00 UTC−4
dc.de_4 is to be seen in the equation view of the 4th reaction in the species list of plasma.
(or mwp.de_4 or probably also icp.de_4)

it is set to 15.8 in the 2d-DCplasma-column in the library. (Ar ionisation)

so it is fixed? and is not the incident energy of the species on the surface?

lukas
dc.de_4 is to be seen in the equation view of the 4th reaction in the species list of plasma. (or mwp.de_4 or probably also icp.de_4) it is set to 15.8 in the 2d-DCplasma-column in the library. (Ar ionisation) so it is fixed? and is not the incident energy of the species on the surface? lukas

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.