Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can I disable or delete the boundary zero flux subnode?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am solving for the magnetic field (g) inside a resonating microwave cavity using mathematical module physics. I use a coefficient form PDE of the Helmholtz equation inside the domain and a boundary weak contribution to specify the tangential boundary condition while letting the normal component of g be a free parameter. A default boundary zero flux subnode is constraining the normal derivative to zero which is incorrect. I can't disable or delete the subnode and I would need to specify either Dirichlet or Neumann boundary conditions for the normal component of g if I was to override the zero flux condition, which I don't know.

I have already tried the RF module with boundary weak contribution to solve for E, but a similar problem occurs where a default boundary perfect electric conductor subnode is incorrect and can't be overridden by the boundary weak contribution.

1 Reply Last Post 21 sept. 2012, 05:17 UTC−4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 sept. 2012, 05:17 UTC−4
Hi, Phil,

I think that you can specify the tangential component by setting the cross product n x E. There must be some boundary condition allowing so.

Jesus.

Hi, Phil, I think that you can specify the tangential component by setting the cross product n x E. There must be some boundary condition allowing so. Jesus.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.