Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

generating TE or TM mode using port

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating the ground state of a single silicon nanodisk. The boundary condition is TE or TM mode on the middle plane of the nanodisk. So I put the port on the plane and generate TE or TM mode in circular wave guides. However, there are no differences between the result of TE and that of TM.

Anyone know how to simulate the ground state on TE or TM mode?

1 Reply Last Post 11 oct. 2022, 16:11 UTC−4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 11 oct. 2022, 16:11 UTC−4

I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum, so everyone can see how you are trying to generate these TE and TM modes and how you have defined and arranged the geometry, materials, boundary conditions, etc.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
I suggest you post your .mph file to the forum, so everyone can see how you are trying to generate these TE and TM modes and how you have defined and arranged the geometry, materials, boundary conditions, etc.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.