Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient Simulation; Convergence Plot Wave form like

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I wanted to know if someone already got a simulation whose convergence plot was showing waveform like ? Does it have consequences on the validity of the results ?

Best regards,

Dimitri

1 Reply Last Post 11 mai 2022, 16:04 UTC−4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 11 mai 2022, 16:04 UTC−4

I have often seen this sort of thing.

The (internal) time step continually adjusts to maintain accuracy, that is, the time step is smaller when there are rapid changes in something in the problem.

I have seen no evidence that this has an effect on the accuracy of the solution.

I have often seen this sort of thing. The (internal) time step continually adjusts to maintain accuracy, that is, the time step is smaller when there are rapid changes in something in the problem. I have seen no evidence that this has an effect on the accuracy of the solution.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.