Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric Field norm evaluations

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Greetings,

Is there a way to get the value of the electric field norm by putting in exact coordinates and getting an evaluation? I am trying to get the E-Field norm value right above the surface of my geometry. I have tried the point evaluation but that gives me the value on the surface. I have specific coordinates I would like to do the evaluation at. any suggestions?

3 Replies Last Post 31 juil. 2012, 13:57 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 juil. 2012, 04:21 UTC−4
You can define a "Cut Point" data set, based on your original solution data set, and specify the coordinates you are interested in.
You can define a "Cut Point" data set, based on your original solution data set, and specify the coordinates you are interested in.

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 juil. 2012, 07:22 UTC−4
In 3D, mf, you can use the following method to evaluate an expression at a given coordinate set.

1) Model > Definitions > Domain point probe
2) Line Entry Method : None
3) Enter coordinates
4) In the subnode, Point Probe Expression, enter the expression you want.

--
L. Queval
In 3D, mf, you can use the following method to evaluate an expression at a given coordinate set. 1) Model > Definitions > Domain point probe 2) Line Entry Method : None 3) Enter coordinates 4) In the subnode, Point Probe Expression, enter the expression you want. -- L. Queval

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 juil. 2012, 13:57 UTC−4
Thanks!!
Thanks!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.