Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in defining variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a student and very new to using COMSOL. I've came across some errors that I am unable to fix.

• Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1) Undefined variable.
  • Variable: comp1.c
  • Geometry: geom1
  • Domain: 3 Failed to evaluate variable.
  • Variable: comp1.dc_eff
  • Defined as: dep((comp1.c*(unit_m_cf^3))/unit_mol_cf) Failed to evaluate expression.
  • Expression: comp1.dc_eff Failed to evaluate operator.
  • Operator: mean
  • Boundary: 14 Failed to evaluate expression.
  • Expression: mean(comp1.dc_eff) Failed to evaluate variable.
  • Variable: comp1.dc_eff
  • Boundary: 14

I've attached some pictures. Please help

1 Reply Last Post 28 mars 2022, 10:19 UTC−4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 28 mars 2022, 10:19 UTC−4
Updated: 2 years ago 28 mars 2022, 10:19 UTC−4

Hello Eng Chun,

It appears that you are trying to pass the variable c to the function dc_eff in portions of your geometry, including domain 3, where no variable by that name exists.

If you can post your mph file (with mesh and solution cleared to keep it small) to this thread, participants in this Discussion Forum will be able to help with more specificity. Screenshots are not the best for figuring out what is happening in your model.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Eng Chun, It appears that you are trying to pass the variable c to the function dc_eff in portions of your geometry, including domain 3, where no variable by that name exists. If you can post your mph file (with mesh and solution cleared to keep it small) to this thread, participants in this Discussion Forum will be able to help with more specificity. Screenshots are not the best for figuring out what is happening in your model. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.