Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

apply ac voltages of different frequencies to two parts of one geometry?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I'm going to apply an ac voltage from electric current.

How do you apply ac voltages of different frequencies to two parts of one geometry?

<I used waveform to indicate Vac = Vinsin(2pift). it applied two parts at different frequencies(using time domain) However, particles do not move in the particle tracing part. (but when I used the frequency domain, it was calculated>

I need your help.

best regards,

1 Reply Last Post 18 mars 2022, 11:17 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 18 mars 2022, 11:17 UTC−4

Hi,

make sure the time stepping in the time dependent solver resolves the waveform. You will need to use manual time steps instead of the automatic default stepping.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Hi, make sure the time stepping in the time dependent solver resolves the waveform. You will need to use manual time steps instead of the automatic default stepping. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.