Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Issues about settlement of condition-The temperature change input of an isothermal body

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. My simulation is for a packaged electronic component (3D), the main structure of which is the chip, the pin and the package structure. I would like to simulate** the temperature of the package structure and the pins as a function of the chip temperature**. The chip is assumed to be isothermal. The problem encountered is that the chip is a 3D isothermal body and it is not possible to impose changing temperature conditions through the temperature boundary (face boundary). Here I would like to inquire on setting up the multi-physics field conditions.

looking forward to replys.

2 Replies Last Post 28 févr. 2022, 09:04 UTC−5
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 years ago 25 févr. 2022, 11:57 UTC−5

Zhongchao,

I would think that this task should be an easy one, but it is not really clear to me what the problem is.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Zhongchao, I would think that this task should be an easy one, but it is not really clear to me what the problem is. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 2 years ago 28 févr. 2022, 09:04 UTC−5

I have fixed this problem.

Thanks for COMSOL Technical Support's help and here attached the solution:

If I understand correctly, you would like to assign the temperature to a whole domain? If this is the case, I believe that such a domain does not need to be included in the simulation, only its boundaries connecting to other domains. Those boundaries can be assigned a temperature thanks to a Temperature boundary condition.

Also thanks for Edgar J. Kaiser's reply.

I have fixed this problem. Thanks for COMSOL Technical Support's help and here attached the solution: If I understand correctly, you would like to assign the temperature to a whole domain? If this is the case, I believe that such a domain does not need to be included in the simulation, only its boundaries connecting to other domains. Those boundaries can be assigned a temperature thanks to a Temperature boundary condition. Also thanks for Edgar J. Kaiser's reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.