Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

export single streamline data with the corresponding field in it

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am looking for a way to export the electric field along a single chosen streamline (and preferably to get both on the the same file). I can generate a single streamline on its own and the electric field map (for the entire geometry) on its own but didn't see anyway to get them both together. Even just getting the field data for that streamline on its own will be a huge help.

3 Replies Last Post 29 août 2021, 17:57 UTC−4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 years ago 26 août 2021, 02:52 UTC−4

Do you want to export or import the streamline?

If you want to export plot data for a streamline with associated expressions evaluated on the streamline then you can add a Color Expression or Export Expressions subnode to the streamline. The latter subnode doesn't affect what's plotted, but it contributes data when you export plot data.

Do you want to export or import the streamline? If you want to export plot data for a streamline with associated expressions evaluated on the streamline then you can add a Color Expression or Export Expressions subnode to the streamline. The latter subnode doesn't affect what's plotted, but it contributes data when you export plot data.

Posted: 3 years ago 27 août 2021, 19:14 UTC−4

Sorry, I meant export. Will try that and update soon. Thx :)

Sorry, I meant export. Will try that and update soon. Thx :)

Posted: 3 years ago 29 août 2021, 17:57 UTC−4

It worked, thanks a lot !

It worked, thanks a lot !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.