Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error in temperature calculation in a laminar reacting flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am simulating a simple one-step reacting flow in a 2D domain. I started with a 0D Reacting Engineering physics, and led it to a 2D problem by the function "Generate Space-Dependent Model".

The simulation ran well when I only added "Transport of Concentrated Species" model and "Laminar Flow" model. However, when I added "Heat Transfer in Fluids" model (still via "Generate Space-Dependent Model" function), set the parameters and ran it again, the error message appreared as below:

Error evaluating thermodynamics function.
  - Error message: Temperature must be positive real value
  - Function: chem1pp1rho_mixture

After this one are a list of "Failed to evaluate variable" errors, which I think are because of the above-mentioned error.

The domain is simply rectangular with a small inlet, an outlet, a symmetric boundary and walls. The reference temperature is kept unchanged as 293.15K. I tested the upstream and initial temperature values from 300K to 1400K while there were always errors. I also tested the case with no heat source (by setting heat source with a zero heat rate instead of "Heat source of reaction"), but the errors still existed.

I am grateful for any idea or discussion to help locate the problem. Hope to hear from you.

0 Replies Last Post 18 mai 2021, 20:53 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shiyao Ni

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.