Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting the movement of isothermal surface over time

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I ran time-dependent study on the heat transfer of a 3d object. I could plot the the surface at a partucular temperature at different timepoints individually. I'm wondering if there's a way I could combine all these timepoints into one graph. So I could see the movement of one temperature surface moving within the 3D object, and the surfaces are labeled with time.

Thanks!!

1 Reply Last Post 15 avr. 2021, 11:07 UTC−4
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 15 avr. 2021, 11:07 UTC−4

Lillian,

not sure if such a static plot is possible and if it wouldn't get a little messy. I have very good experience with using animations to visualize such time-dependent phenomena.

Also any audience is mostly very impressed by animations.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Lillian, not sure if such a static plot is possible and if it wouldn't get a little messy. I have very good experience with using animations to visualize such time-dependent phenomena. Also any audience is mostly very impressed by animations. Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.