Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Accessing solution of one study into another one ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I been modeling hyperelastic material models in comsol which revolves around three different studies on the same geometry, with different boundary conditions. I would like to access results from the second study to give input to some of the variables in the third study. Well, i could use the second solution as initialization to third study, but i want to access, for example, shear stress at every point in the material domain, which in turn affects inelastic deformation gradient matrix in third study.

Any one has any idea how to do this ? Any help is greatly appreciated !!

Thanks !

/Krishna

2 Replies Last Post 2 avr. 2014, 13:01 UTC−4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 mai 2012, 15:00 UTC−4
Hi

if its on the same geometry and from the same model, then I believe one way is to export the data from one study into a file, reload it as a parametric function and apply it to the next study. But if you have different physics within the same model, then normally once done one study, based on the first physics, you can run the second study applicable to the second physics, and use results from the first study+physics as variables to the other case these depedent variables (or fields) have distinct names i.e. u,v,w u2,v2,w2 and their mapping to the geoemtry would be identical.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if its on the same geometry and from the same model, then I believe one way is to export the data from one study into a file, reload it as a parametric function and apply it to the next study. But if you have different physics within the same model, then normally once done one study, based on the first physics, you can run the second study applicable to the second physics, and use results from the first study+physics as variables to the other case these depedent variables (or fields) have distinct names i.e. u,v,w u2,v2,w2 and their mapping to the geoemtry would be identical. -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 avr. 2014, 13:01 UTC−4
Hi

I am facing similar problem and I am not able to solve it. Hope you can help.

I and solving Laplace equation for voltage to get current distribution in geometry in Study 1 and I need to use the resultant current distribution as source term in heat transfer module, which is being solved in study 2.

I am using variable u (for voltage) in expression for heat source in heat transfer module but COMSOL is taking its value as 0. Can you suggest how to use solution of study 1 in study 2?

Thanks
Amaresh
Hi I am facing similar problem and I am not able to solve it. Hope you can help. I and solving Laplace equation for voltage to get current distribution in geometry in Study 1 and I need to use the resultant current distribution as source term in heat transfer module, which is being solved in study 2. I am using variable u (for voltage) in expression for heat source in heat transfer module but COMSOL is taking its value as 0. Can you suggest how to use solution of study 1 in study 2? Thanks Amaresh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.