Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDE equation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using comsol's pde equation for electrothermal coupling, currently I want to use the parameters from the material library in the pde equation, how can I achieve this?

1 Reply Last Post 23 mars 2021, 05:07 UTC−4
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 23 mars 2021, 05:07 UTC−4

Hi,

If the material property does not dependent on temperature, you can use it in a PDE coefficient as mat1.def.Cp, for example, which represents the heat capacity in a material with the name mat1. If there is a temperature dependence, you can define a parameter for the temperature and pass that or a numerical value as an argument for the temperature, when it is not a dependent variable T that you solve for.

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh

Hi, If the material property does not dependent on temperature, you can use it in a PDE coefficient as `mat1.def.Cp`, for example, which represents the heat capacity in a material with the name `mat1`. If there is a temperature dependence, you can define a parameter for the temperature and pass that or a numerical value as an argument for the temperature, when it is not a dependent variable `T` that you solve for. Best regards, Magnus Ringh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.