Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Periodic flow conditions for 2D flow

KF Mechanical Engineering | Microfluidics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I've been having trouble implementing periodic structures for my 2D laminar flow model. In my model, I have specified intial values for the stationary study, Step 1, and inlet/outlet conditions for the time dependent study, Step 2. I've used the following links ( link link ) as inspiration to utilize my models geometry and create a 2D array to expand my single domain into N periodic domains.

However, when I create a 2D surface plot for this 2D array of domains, the destination does not equal the inlet to the following domain - see attached photo. At this point it's pretty obvious I did not define my periodic boundary conditions correctly - but no worries, there's the "Perioidic Flow Condition" physics node I can add to my Laminar Flow node.

This is where my confusion starts. I need to specify a change in pressure from inlet to outlet that defines the source for the next domain. Any non-zero pressure difference overrides the previous definitions (intial values) and the model will not agree. I've attached my model for reference.

How do I overcome the disagreement in physics nodes?

-------------------
KF

0 Replies Last Post 28 févr. 2021, 17:40 UTC−5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello KF

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.