Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

No Flux or Outflow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to make a model of diffusion of water through the skin and in a sweat duct. As far as I can tell from the Comsol Help section, the "outflow" is mainly used for convection. However, under "no flux" I can also chose to add convection. As I wish to have convection in my sweat duct but not my skin, where should I place these?

Also, I wish the diffusion in the skin to happen in the following way: the concentration at the bottom of the skin should be a certain value and then travel through the skin. In the sweat duct, I wish the concentration to start as the same but for water to continuously be pumped in at the same concentration. This has been achieved in the sweat duct by adding laminar flow and making the start concentration as a boundary condition rather than as an initial value like in the skin. Does this sound like the right way to do it?

Thank you in advance!

Simone

1 Reply Last Post 28 déc. 2020, 04:10 UTC−5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 28 déc. 2020, 04:10 UTC−5

Interesting, I have studied transdermal drug delivery in several papers. Please show me the geometry of your model, then I can comment your question.

BR Lasse

Interesting, I have studied transdermal drug delivery in several papers. Please show me the geometry of your model, then I can comment your question. BR Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.