Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem in Electromagnetic force calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have got an interesting problem in Electromagnetic force calculation!

Geometry: conductor, concentrator and small iron piece
Phisics: AC/DC module, Global ODEs and DAEs
Current source: 6000A rectangular pulse within 0.25ms or 0.25s

The electromagnetic force is about 106N (reasonable!) when I use stationary study, but the problem is if I use 6000A pulse within 0.25ms, the force is super small than I expected, around 7N (too small!) and it is not a rectangular pulse, triangular pulse I would say.

The funny thing is that when I increase the lasting time of the 6000A pulse, the curve of force versus time immediately becomes reasonable, 106N rectangular pulse.

Is there anything wrong with my setting? COMSOL file is attached within, or there is establishing time of electromagnetic force? but according to phisics, the force would rise up immediately when the external source is imposed!

0 Replies Last Post 27 mars 2012, 06:03 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zichi Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.