Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Undefined value found.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

when I solution emw, it has a error :
Undefined value found.
- Detail: NaN_or_Inf_found_when_solving_linear_system_using_SOR

what's this message meaning ?
Thank you!

3 Replies Last Post 7 mai 2013, 16:17 UTC−4

Posted: 1 decade ago 26 mars 2012, 10:59 UTC−4
The first thing to do is to check the log file.
The first thing to do is to check the log file.

Posted: 1 decade ago 27 mars 2012, 06:24 UTC−4
Ok, I will check that, and thank you!
Ok, I will check that, and thank you!

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 mai 2013, 16:17 UTC−4
Hi Jaap,

I am simulating a nano antenna in RF module and I get this error:

Undefined value found.
- Detail: NaN_or_Inf_found_when_solving_linear_system_using_SOR

I also simulated the same model in 2D axisymmetric with the same frequency and the results were fine. Since I needed to use a different E-field as my source and the model was not symmetric anymore, I had to use 3D simulation. Moreover, I had some difficulties in meshing but I finally found a way to do the meshing without any errors. However, I only can change my mesh elements a little.

Since I used very dense meshes, do you know why I see this error? and how I can check the log file?

Thank you.
Hi Jaap, I am simulating a nano antenna in RF module and I get this error: Undefined value found. - Detail: NaN_or_Inf_found_when_solving_linear_system_using_SOR I also simulated the same model in 2D axisymmetric with the same frequency and the results were fine. Since I needed to use a different E-field as my source and the model was not symmetric anymore, I had to use 3D simulation. Moreover, I had some difficulties in meshing but I finally found a way to do the meshing without any errors. However, I only can change my mesh elements a little. Since I used very dense meshes, do you know why I see this error? and how I can check the log file? Thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.