Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Insertion loss (S21) of SAW devices on 128°YX-LiNbO3 substrate.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I have a question regarding simulating the insertion loss (S21) of surface acoustic wave devices on 128°YX-LiNbO3 substrate in COMSOL. I have established a SAW device with dual port delay line structure in the Structural Mechanics-Piezoelectric Devices module, and I want to know the conditions to be added to obtain its insertion loss and the detailed operation method. Also, I would like to know how to set 128° YX-LiNbO3 and I have obtained its Euler Angle, density, elastic matrix, coupling matrix, relative dielectric constant (just for stress-charge type).

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Reply Last Post 16 nov. 2020, 11:54 UTC−5
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 16 nov. 2020, 11:54 UTC−5

Make Terminal 1 a voltage source and terminate Terminal 2 in a resistor. You can look up the definition of S21 in terms of voltages and currents on the web or in one of the usual textbooks.

For the rotated cut- don't forget that Comsol rotates the coordinate system, not the material.

Make Terminal 1 a voltage source and terminate Terminal 2 in a resistor. You can look up the definition of S21 in terms of voltages and currents on the web or in one of the usual textbooks. For the rotated cut- don't forget that Comsol rotates the coordinate system, not the material.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.