Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solving fluid flow with solid/fluid domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I was trying to do a weld pool model in comsol and i defined the viscosity of a metal to be 10^5 when the temperature is below the melting point and 0.001 when the material melts. long story short, comsol will not converge when i set the molten viscosity below 0.02 and i need it to much lower than that. I discovered by working in comsol for over 2 years that the fluid flow physics are not very good and not efficient when trying to solve anything other than a pipe flow. and there is no guides of how to solve fluid flow problems with complex physics and materials. I wish if someone has an idea or tips on solving this kind of Heat transfer + fluid flow problems before i finally switch to another platform.

0 Replies Last Post 19 août 2020, 21:04 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Youssef Aider

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.