Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Applying the same lumped element to multiple 2D objects

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to construct an artificial waveguide, for that reason I am trying to assign lumped element inductors to 20 or more small squares. Initially I was creating just one "lumped element" with L = 30 pH, and inside it I assigned all 20 squares. I was hoping each square becomes a 30 pH inductor.

However, as I later learnt, doing this is more like I am splitting the 30 pH evening over the 20 squares. And it seems if I want to assign to the 20 squares separately, I will need to create 20 "lumped element" object.

My questions are thus 1. Can I just assign the L as 30 pH x 20, such that they become evenly split? I actually tried it but it seems the inductance I obtained is a bit smaller than expected. 2. If I do want to assign each square to a lumped element, is there an easier way to do so, without creating an equal amount of "lumped element" object?

Many thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 12 juil. 2020, 13:04 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sandbo Chang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.