Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Undefined variable x space coordinate while calling in Variables under Definitions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I create a study with multiple general form PDEs. When I attempted to define variables under Definitions, some variable is actually a function of space coordinate x. For example, eps = omega*x. Upon Compute, an error occurs saying Undefined variable x and all variables depending on x become invalid. x is clearly a default space coordinate name. Why is there such error?

Note: In the attached file, I changed the argument for "sp" function to t since the t-array is given. The "sp" function is to somehow make "x" valid/defined. If only I could call the mesh-array value like that and use as "x" values.

0 Replies Last Post 25 juin 2020, 04:46 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anh Vu

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.