Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with the model of capillary wicking in a porous material

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I was trying to use the model provided on Comsol website to work on a time dependent wicking problem in a paper strip where the width is a not constant value (a 6cm-width rectangular wicking pad with a 1cm-width leg below).

Here's the link I found from comsol:

https://www.comsol.com/model/wicking-in-a-paper-strip-79061

I used the same boundary conditions as the above link and I think my mesh should be OK, but there's always an error after running for a while. For some unknown reason, the s value ( the effective saturation) of air (or maybe water) becomes negative.

Except for the geometry, all I changed were the parameters like properties of air and water. Anyone can give me any idea about which part goes wrong and why s becomes negative?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Jing

0 Replies Last Post 23 avr. 2020, 00:59 UTC−4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jing Yuan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.